When you stage your home to sell, it decreases the time on market and increases the sale price!
One of my specialities as a Realtor is Home Staging. From the minute your home goes on the market to the day it closes, your property needs to be "staged to sell".
Technically, staging your home is the practice of creating a "flow" by eliminating clutter or rearranging furniture. Just by making small changes, the room becomes more appealing to the eye. I can offer you third party insight in how to improve the look of your home and see things that you may miss.
Remember, most buyers begin their home search online, so the first impression they get is priceless! Even staging an empty room makes a huge difference - see the examples below:
- Have clear paths into all your rooms
- Remove clutter that can give a crowded look and feel to the home
- Natural light gives the interior of your home a bright, cheerful feel
- Leave your window shades and drapes open
- Clean windows and move furniture that may be blocking the view
- Take down all magnets and papers from your refrigerator
- Clean appliances, and clear off countertops
- Allow buyers to imagine what it would look like if they lived there
- Remember curb appeal. Making sure the outside of your home is attractive is a great first step in getting buyers to look at the inside